Tuesday 8 July 2014

A day in American life

Before my journey to the USA started I was anxious about so many things. I was worried that I'd not handle my job, that I'd not be able to overcome the language barrier, that I'd feel alienated or that I'd miss my home country. Now I know that my worries were groundless!!!

I ALREADY ADORE THE COUNTRY! I fell in love with Colorado the first day I came here. The country amazes me every day. Actually, I should say that the people here amaze me. You will not find more gregarious, open, helpful and positive nation in the whole world. I've heard this opinion thousand times before I came here. I was quite sceptical and I thought that it was slightly far-fetched. I couldn't be more wrong...

PEOPLE HERE ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD: always smiling, always ready to give you a helping hand, always proving that they make the most of life and appreciate what they've got. I've never expected that I could draw such observations. I hope that it will be a great lesson for me and I'll be able to retain at least some of their positive energy and willingness to enjoy whatever life gives us.

Today, it's been exactly one month since I came to Beaver Creek. I'd like to show you my typical day in American life.

I always try to start from a nutritious breakfast. I'd definitely miss fruit loops in Poland...;)


See? Even in the morning I can't help myself but show how I love the state. Believe me: Colorado is gorgeous! Most people come here during winter because of a kaleidoscope of sport opportunities the Rockies offer. But they all agree that Colorado during the summertime is awe-inspiring and takes everybody's breath away. I've heard it many times that people come here because of winter but they stay here because of summer.


I'm lucky that I usually get evening shifts at work. It means that I can go hiking in the morning :D! Look at the scenery - it just takes my breath away. Each and every day I look at the landscape and I can't stop myself from smiling and enjoying the moment. Of course, every stick has two ends. At such high elevation (9.000 to even 11.000 feet) I get exhausted so fast but it is totally worth it!

Catching the sun...;)

And admiring Beaver Creek from a longer distance... It is such a quaint village!

 Since it is work and travel programme, at 1:30 I have to get back down to the earth and start working. But is really such hard work if your workplace is a store with clothes and toys for children?

Actually, it is not:) We have a lot of fun there but I'll talk about it in the next post so that you can get to know about my work life in the USA more.

Lunch with my friend...:D And again I'll repeat myself: THE SCENERY IS BREATH-TAKING!!!



Some fun during the break in front of the ice rink situated in the central part of the Beaver Creek Village:





And my favourite tradition at 3 p.m. every day: complimentary chocolate chip cookies. I've got a sweet tooth so whenever I'm at work I can't miss the "cookie guy" :)

My co-worker, Linda, is also very fond of the tradition.

And in the evening, there is eventually time for a delicious American burger! If somebody thinks that American cuisine is not tasty, you have to try this!!! You'll fall in love with it, I promise.


 And finally, I'm getting back home taking a free shuttle.


There is also some time for chatting and fun with my flatmates and we can call it a day ;)



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt1JlrueUJA



Have a great day! Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment